Everyone has innate talents, but unfortunately most of us have little sense of what they are, and how to develop and leverage them to our advantage.
Instead we spend much of our lives focusing on our weaknesses, often feeling inadequate, and wasting time trying to remedy these shortcomings misguidedly believing we can be competent in just about anything. Consequently, our talents lie dormant.
We gain far more positive outcomes when:
- we build and capitalise on our talents
- optimise our potential to enrich the quality of our lives
- work and fulfil our own goals and aspirations.
The key to success is to take a strengths-based approach to fully understand, develop and leverage our natural talents in our everyday lives.
Research shows that people succeed when we focus on what we do best. People who focus on using their strengths:
- Have a more informed view of themselves
- Are 3 X more likely to report having an excellent quality of life
- Are 6 X more likely to be engaged in their work
- Are more productive, perform better and achieve more on a daily basis, and
- Have more positive, creative and innovative moments.
What are your innate talents? How can you develop them into strengths and capitalise on them? What are your most powerful combinations? Where can they take you?
What 3 things can you do better than 10,000 other people? If you would like to explore your dominant talents and learn how to maximise them to your advantage, get in touch, I’d be happy to help you.
The person born with a talent they were meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Leave a Reply